Vikingo is a story that exposes, powerful and deep as life itself, the conflict between two groups from Buenos Aires suburbs.
Vikingo is a motorcyclist. Though his way of life may be licentious somehow, he’s a very respected man, strong and rigid on the application of certain moral precepts.
His code is based in the concepts of honor and respect, although they aren’t always present in his own life. His majestic presence reminds of some warrior from the middle age.
Vikingo, as well as his fellow motorcyclists, practice an anarchic primary way of life that nowadays may look an anachronism for us. They always dress in black and refuse being part of any sort of crime. Their vehicles are usually enormous homemade tricycles, with horns and animal skulls on their handlebars.
Vikingo has a quiet, pacific nature. Never the less, he lives in constant rivalry with a teenager named Villegas, who is not only a drug dealer but the permanent leader on outrageous crimes.
Villegas and his gang impersonate the lack of codes, deeply set on the absence of respect over the own life as well as other people’s.
The conflict grows deeper when Villegas starts involving Vikingo’ s nephew in his felonies .
There’s a weak balance between Villegas’s gang and Vikingo’s group. But some day a lonely motorcyclist called Aguirre arrives to the hood running from a love trouble and Vikingo takes him as his guest. Then things get harder. Aguirre’s intervention will help tipping the balance and keep, not without blood, the thin string that holds peace by those lost landscapes.
Duration: 90 min.
35 mm color.
Script and Direction
José Celestino Campusano
Pedro Campusano. Juan Padín. Leonardo Padín.
Photography and Camera
Ernesto Ángel Barrera
Post-production Sound Director
Daniel “Manzana” Ibarrart
Piromania Efectos Especiales
SONOSFERA Producciones Sonoras
Carlos Posse, Leandro Sinich, Guido Ronconi, Luciano “Cacha” Pérez.
Vikingo Rubén Orlando Beltrán
Aguirre Armando Galvalisi
Julián Gabriel Rogelio Mendez
Villegas Alejandro Mendez
Natalia Natalia Rodriguez Gomez
Silvia Lelia Adriana Siburu
David David Alberto Beltrán
Iván Iván Alexis Beltrán
Quimey Anahí Quimey Beltrán
German Gabriel Garay
Bald Franco Adrián Gonzalez
Chinese Andrés Quintana
Boy 1 Milton Beltrán
Boy 2 Facundo Beltrán
Henchman 1 Fernando Villanueva
Henchman Martín Ibarra
Vikingo’s friend Marío Luján
Bolita Rogelio Mendez
Mother Marcela Galeano
Girl Ayelén Pérez
Willy Roberto Luján
Porchi Javier Luján
Porchi’s girlfriend Jenifer Bravo
Victim 1 Anastacio Barrera
Victim 2 Victoria Muriel
Mercedes Encounter 1 Luis Gomez
Mercedes Encounter 2 Christian Cóppola
Henchman 3 Fernando Blanchart
Henchman 4 Jonatan Walter Verdes
Woman 1 Ester Burgo
Woman 2 Paula Benitez
Ashes Girl Patricia Isabel García
- 23º Mar del Plata International Film Festival – Argentina. “Work in Progress” Award.
- 24º Mar del Plata International Film Festival – Argentina. International Competition.
- 1º Jury’s Special Mention
- FIPRESCI Prize (The International Federation of Film Critics)
Best film: Vikingo.
- 6° Films with Neighbours National Film Festival – Saladillo – Argentina. Special Invitation.
- Pantalla Pinamar – 6º Argentine – European Film Encounter. National Competition.
Award: Silver Balance (voted by the public in general and the specialized critics)
- 14º Lima Film Festival, Latin America Cinema Encounter – Peru
- 2º Festival Río Negro Proyecta – Bariloche, Argentina
- 18º Hamburg Film Fest, Germany
- 26º Warsaw Film Festival, Poland
- Flandes Latin America Film Festival – Belgium
- Tucumán Cine 2010 – Argentina
- 3º Festival Cine B – Santiago, Chile
- 23° Toulouse Latin America Film Festival – France
- 29º Uruguay International Film Festival
- 20º Festival de Cine Latinoamericano de Biarritz – Francia
- Festival Cine Global – Prize Best Film 2011 – Argentina